312in366 Art Challenge Guidelines

More information on the Challenge can be found here Rules and Guidelines are on this post.
The basic idea is to end up with 312 pieces of art (in various stages of completion) in the 366 days of 2012.
Also check out the Facebook Page and look for @312in366 on Twitter!

Note: All photos belong to 312in366 Art Challenge unless otherwise accredited. They are not for use without prior permission from 312in366 Art Challenge or respective owners.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Days 26 & 27, and Goodbye, January!

The other day, I bought a calendar full of 1930's fashion drawings. All of a sudden I've become obsessed with vintage clothing, and here's another outlet for my obsession!


I'm very happy with the way this one turned out. She doesn't have the same tilt to her head as the original, but I didn't want a photograph! I think she's kind of cute. Wonder what she's thinking of?

This one I'm not so fond of, but I won't rip it out, either.


I should have taken 2 more seconds and given the right-hand girl a neck! Just a plain old neck would improve her appearance quite a bit. It might counteract that huge chin I accidentally gave her. Sorry about that, lady, but you have a really cute hat! Surely that counts for something?

Wow, I just finished the first month! And I didn't miss a day. Haha, I feel accomplished now! Only 285 days to go. After these first 27 days, I don't think the rest will be a huge problem. =)

I don't know if I mentioned this before or not, but a few weeks ago I signed up for an art class at the community college. I was really nervous about it for a while, but had just adjusted to the idea, and had myself all psyched up for it when they had to cancel the class. Not enough people signed up for it. =( I had just bought myself a new sketch book two days before, too! So the sketch book was returned (I'll buy it again when I need it and have a coupon), my class money was refunded, and now I shall lie in wait for another class. It's a little frustrating, but what can you do but resign yourself to reality?

Anyway, I'll see you next month!
~Laura~

No comments: