312in366 Art Challenge Guidelines

More information on the Challenge can be found here Rules and Guidelines are on this post.
The basic idea is to end up with 312 pieces of art (in various stages of completion) in the 366 days of 2012.
Also check out the Facebook Page and look for @312in366 on Twitter!

Note: All photos belong to 312in366 Art Challenge unless otherwise accredited. They are not for use without prior permission from 312in366 Art Challenge or respective owners.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Days 4 & 5 (Laura)

Here are today's and yesterday's sketches. I like yesterday's, but I really, really don't want to put today's up. =P It's ugly. I can't draw people. I shouldn't have even tried, but I did, and now the ugliness is penned onto the paper and spreading over the internet. *sigh* I KNEW I should have used a pencil!!

I'm pretty satisfied with this one. Like the note says, it's a continuous line drawing. I didn't pick up the pen until the very end! No, not quite as nice of a continuous drawing as some people create, but it's fun to do! And then I added watercolor pencil and water. I ended up pushing the 10 minute limit to the very last second, but I got it all done in time. =)

WARNING: EXTREME UGLINESS FOLLOWING! PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Today's picture:


I don't even remember what it started out being, but it looked all wrong, so I made a hobbit-like person and Smeagol. I like the way Smeagol's head attaches to his neck, but I think that's about it. Like I said, maybe I shouldn't draw with pen anymore. =/
(Even though it's a really nice pen! I 'stole' it from work, replacing it with a ballpoint pen that writes just fine but is mediocre quality. ;)

I also have the pleasure of sharing several that the Challenge's Facebook fans drew! This one is from Heidi. She has some very lovely drawings from this challenge. =)

So pretty! 

And this is from Lee.
 

I like the colors she used, and the way the wine looks like it's splashing into the glass! Lee has such a neat style to her art!

Great job, folks!

~Laura~

No comments: