312in366 Art Challenge Guidelines

More information on the Challenge can be found here Rules and Guidelines are on this post.
The basic idea is to end up with 312 pieces of art (in various stages of completion) in the 366 days of 2012.
Also check out the Facebook Page and look for @312in366 on Twitter!

Note: All photos belong to 312in366 Art Challenge unless otherwise accredited. They are not for use without prior permission from 312in366 Art Challenge or respective owners.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Consider Yourself Challenged!

Ah, yes, a fresh blog and a fresh challenge! Can it get any better than this?
You may understand part of this Challenge by now, having seen it on Facebook or my blog description. Allow me to give some background on this:

This is NaNoWriMo--National Novel Writing Month. A whole month-long challenge where the goal is for writers to complete an entire novel in 30 days. I am not a wonderful writer. All my story plots have holes, lame parts, and a lack of originality.
I prefer to paint. I've fiddled around with watercolors since 2002 or so, and comparing my early pictures with the more recent ones there has been quite an improvement! But lately, between my job, working around the house, distracting books, and friends, my artwork has been suffering. I don't seem to have the time to sit down and paint!
Why is there not something similar to NaNoWriMo for artists, a Challenge that will help them develop their skills? Maybe there is, somewhere, but would it fit my schedule? Would it be easy, flexible, and still effective? Could I do it with friends, would there be online interaction, would I follow through to the end?


That's the origin.
The challenge is to draw for ten minutes a day, six days a week, all 52 weeks of 2012. By December 31st, 2012, you will have spent about two days and four hours on this project! You will have 312(pictures)in366(days). (Next year is a leap year. :)

My Goals for this Challenge are:

  1. To develop my drawing, painting, and other art skills.
  2. To start a semi-successful blog (I don't dare hope for more!) about the Challenge, and blog about my work at least once a week from January to December--preferably twice a week.
  3. To connect with other artists of varying skill levels, giving tips on what I know and receiving tips on what I need help with.
  4. To have a sketchbook with 312 drawings in it by December 31st, 2012.
  5. To have these ten minute segments each day become such a part of my routine that I automatically continue them into 2013!
Here are the Rules and Guidelines for the challenge.
These goals may change as the Challenge progresses, but that is what they are for starters. Are you interested in joining in? Ten minutes a day really isn't that much to set aside! Please at least start with me. All of you reading this after January 1st....You're welcome to hop in also!

What are your goals for this Challenge?

~Laura~

2 comments:

Miss Me said...

I love this idea so much!! I didn't do NaNo this year because well I didn't have much time to sit down and write thousands of words each day. I guess ten minutes out of every day would not be too hard at all and it would be cool to keep all the art in a folder and look back at it all at the end of the year :D

Are we going to be able to post our pictures online, or something? Or is it more unoficial..? idk

:D

~HeidiAnne

Miss Laura said...

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

That's the response I was hoping for, although I've alternated between oh, this is going to be SO much fun! and what have I done? This is insane! over the past few days. ;)

It would be really neat to have them where everyone can see! They can be posted on the Facebook page, or you can email them to jiminicrickit (at) gmail dot com, and I'll put them on here every so often so non-Facebookers can see them.

~Laura~